Prep: 10 mins + 10 mins cooling time | Cooking: 15 mins | Serves: 18
1/3 cup (80mL) water
¾ cup (120g) plain flour
¼ cup (40g) self-raising flour
¾ cup (75g) rolled oats
1/3 cup (35g) desiccated coconut
50g butter or reduced-fat sunflower spread
¾ cup EQUAL SPOONFUL or 18 EQUAL SACHETS
1 x 50g Egg, lightly whisked
1 Tsp. bicarbonate of soda
1. Preheat oven to 170°C (fan-forced). Line two baking trays with baking paper. Put the bicarbonate of soda in a small bowl and stir in 1 tablespoon water. Set aside.
2. Put the flours, oats and coconut in a medium bowl. Stir well.
3. Put the remaining water, spread and EQUAL in a small saucepan. Stir over medium heat until spread melts and mixture is well combined. Remove pan from heat and stir in the bicarbonate of soda.
4. Add the EQUAL mixture to the flour mixture with the egg and mix until well combined. Shape tablespoons of the mixture into balls and place on the lined trays about 4cm apart, press out to 7cm with a spoon or your hand.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until biscuits are light golden brown. Set aside on the trays for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Tip – Keep in an airtight container for up to 3 days.