Flourless Chocolate, Almond and Orange Cake
Prep: 10 mins | Cooking time: 2 hrs | Serves: 12
Cooking oil spray, to grease
¼ cup dutch cocoa
2 Tbsp. honey
1 Tsp. baking powder
4 EQUAL SACHETS
200g almond meal
100g dark chocolate, Melted
Orange slices, to garnish (optional)
Dark chocolate shards or curls, to garnish (optional)
Double cream, to serve (optional)
1. Put the oranges in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 hour, topping up water as necessary to keep oranges submerged. Remove from water, set aside to cool completely.
2. Cut oranges into quarters, remove any seeds.
3. Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease base and sides of a 20cm spring-form cake pan and line base and sides with baking paper.
4. Put orange wedges into the bowl of a food processor and process until a paste forms. Add eggs, cocoa, honey, baking powder, EQUAL and almond meal and process again until combined. Pour in chocolate and pulse until combined. Pour into prepared pan and smooth the surface.
5. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Set aside in the pan for 10 minutes to cool before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
6. Garnish with orange slices and chocolate shards. Serve with double cream.