Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 20 | Serves: 4
1/2kg boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
1 cup red capsicum**
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
16 fresh pea pods, cut in half crosswise
1/2 cup sliced Water chestnuts
1/4 cup sliced green onions
1 Tbsp. grated fresh ginger root
1 large clove garlic, crushed
2/3 cup reduced-fat, reduced-salt chicken broth
2 Tbsp. EQUAL SPOONFUL
2 Tbsp. light soy sauce
4 Tsp. cornstarch
2 Tsp. dark sesame oil
Salt and Pepper to taste (optional)
Cooked rice, to serve (optional)
1. Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in large skillet over medium - high heat. stir fry chicken until no longer pink. Remove chicken from skillet.
2. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in skillet. Add red capsicum, mushrooms, pea pods, water chestnuts, green onion, ginger and garlic. Stir fry mixture 3 to 4 minutes until vegetables are crisp tender.
3. Meanwhile, combine chicken broth, EQUAL, soy sauce, cornstarch and sesame oil until smooth. Stir into skillet mixture. Cook over medium heat until thick and clear. Stir in chicken; heat through. Season with salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
4. Serve over hot cooked rice, if desired.
* VARIATION - Quick & Easy Ginger Chicken with Vegetables
You may substitute 1 package (450g) frozen Oriental-Style Vegetables, cooked and drained, for the fresh vegetables listed above. Stir fry chicken, ginger root and garlic in all of the vegetable oil about 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Combine chicken broth, EQUAL, soy sauce, cornstarch and sesame oil until smooth. Stir into chicken mixture. Cook over medium heat until thick and clear. Stir in cooked vegetables until heated through. Season with salt and pepper to taste, if desired. Serve over hot cooked rice, if desired.