Mango and Almond Cake
Prep: 15 mins | Cooking: 20 mins | Serves: 12
250g canola spread
1 cup EQUAL SPOONFUL
1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
1 Tsp. ground ginger
1/3 cup ground almonds
1 cup low-fat milk
425g can mangoes
1/2 cup rolled oats
2 Tbsp. EQUAL BAKING, extra
30g canola spread, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C. Grease a 20cm round cake tin, line base and sides with baking paper.
2. Beat the canola spread, EQUAL and eggs in a small bowl with an electric mixer until creamy. Stir in the flour, ginger and almonds. Stir in the milk. Spread into the cake tin.
3. Drain the mango, slice thickly and drain on absorbent paper. Lay the slices over the top of the cake mixture.
4. Combine the oats, extra EQUAL and canola spread in a small bowl and sprinkle over the cake.
5. Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until golden brown and firm in the centre. Stand 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool.