Peanut Butter and Banana Cupcake
Prep: 15 mins | Cooking: 20 mins | Serves: 12
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
3/4 cup EQUAL SPOONFUL
1 Tsp. vanilla essence
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 large ripe banana, mashed
1 cup self-raising flour
1/4 cup buttermilk
Crushed peanuts, to decorate
Silver cacheous, to decorate
Dark chocolate curls, to decorate
Cream cheese frosting
250g block light cream cheese
1/3 cup EQUAL SPOONFUL
1/2 Tsp. finely grated lemon rind
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 9 holes of a 12 hole 1/3 cup capacity muffin tray with paper cases.
2. Put peanut butter, oil, EQUAL SPOONFUL and vanilla in a large bowl and beat with an electric hand beater until well combined. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Gently fold in half the flour. Stir in buttermilk, and remaining flour, stirring until just combined.
3. Spoon batter evenly into prepared holes and smooth surface using the back of a spoon.
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
5. To make frosting, put all ingredients into a large bowl and beat with an electric hand beater until light and fluffy. Put into piping bag and pipe small mounds of frosting onto the centre of each cupcake. Decorate with peanuts, cacheous and chocolate.