Pear and Almond Tart
Prep: 20 mins | Cooking time: 30 mins | Serves: 8
Melted butter, to grease
150g butter, melted
1½ cups EQUAL SPOONFUL
2 cups almond meal
1 Tsp. ground cinnamon
1 Tsp. baking powder
4 eggs, separated
4 tinned pear halves in syrup, drained well
2 Tbsp. flaked almonds
Whipped cream, to serve (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease an 11.5cm x 34.5cm fluted rectangular loose bottomed tin with a little of the melted butter.
2. Put butter, EQUAL SPOONFUL, almond meal, cinnamon, baking powder, egg yolks and cinnamon in a large bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
3. In a second large bowl, whisk egg whites until foamy. Fold egg whites into butter mixture and spoon into tin. Pat pear halves dry with paper towel, then thinly slice and arrange fanned on top. Scatter with almonds.
4. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden and cooked when tested with a skewer. Set aside to cool for 30 minutes before removing from tin.
5. Serve sliced with cream on the side.
Energy 1263kJ (301 Cal)
Fat Total 26.5g
- Saturated 9.2g
- Sugar 4.2g