Raspberry and White Chocolate Cupcakes
Prep: 20 mins | Cooking time: 25 mins | Serves: 12
1½ cups self-raising flour
1 Tsp. baking powder
1 cup oat bran
¾ cup EQUAL SPOONFUL
140g tub apple & strawberry puree
1 cup fat free vanilla yoghurt
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 Tbsp. light in flavour extra virgin olive oil
150g frozen raspberries
WHITE CHOCOLATE ICING
200g unsalted butter, chopped, softened
1½ cupsEQUAL SPOONFUL
50g white chocolate melts, melted
1 Tbsp. milk
Fresh raspberries, to decorate
Extra EQUAL SPOONFUL, to dust
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 12 hole 1/3 cup capacity muffin tray with paper cases.
2. Sift flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Stir in oat bran and EQUAL SPOONFUL. In a second large bowl whisk together apple and strawberry puree, yoghurt, egg and oil. Stir in dry ingredients and mix to combine. Add raspberries and gently fold through.
3. Spoon mixture evenly into prepared holes.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden and cooked when tested with a skewer. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
5. To make icing, combine milk and EQUAL in a medium bowl and set aside. Put butter into a large bowl and beat with electric hand beaters until soft and fluffy. Stir chocolate into milk mixture then add to butter. Beat until well combined.
6. Spoon icing into a piping bag fitted with a 1cm star nozzle. Pipe icing on top of cooled cupcakes. Decorate with fresh raspberries and dust with a little extra EQUAL