Raspberry Red Velvet Cupcakes
Prep: 20 mins | Cooking time: 20 mins | Serves: 16
1 ¾ cups plain flour
1 Tsp. bicarbonate of soda
1 Tsp. baking powder
2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
2 cups EQUAL SPOONFUL
3 eggs, separated
200g unsalted butter, melted
1 cup buttermilk, room temperature
½ cup frozen raspberries, thawed
1 Tsp. vanilla extract
2 Tsp. white vinegar
5 Tsp. red food colouring
Red, pink and white heart shaped sprinkles, to decorate
500g cream cheese, chopped, room temperature
¼ cup light milk
½ cup EQUAL SPOONFUL
1. Preheat oven to 160C. Line 16 holes of two 12 hole 1/3 cup capacity muffin trays with muffin paper cases.
2. Sift flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and cocoa into a large bowl. Stir in EQUAL SPOONFUL.
3. Put egg whites in a large bowl and beat with an electric hand mixer on high until soft peaks form.
4. Combine yolks, butter, buttermilk, raspberries, vanilla and vinegar in a medium bowl. Stir in food colouring, then add to flour mixture. Stir well. Fold eggwhites into batter in 2 batches. Spoon batter evenly into paper cases (about ¼ cup per case).
5. Bake 20 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Set aside for 10 minutes, then set aside on a wire rack to cool completely.
6. Meanwhile, to make frosting, put cream cheese in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on medium speed until smooth. Add milk and EQUAL SPOONFUL and beat until well combined. Spoon frosting into a piping bag pitted with a fluted 1cm nozzle. Pipe frosting on top of cakes. Scatter with sprinkles to decorate. Serve.
Energy 1214kJ (291 Cal)
Fat Total 21.4g
- Saturated 13.5g
- Sugar 2.6g