Ricotta Cheesecake with Macerated Berries
Prep: 20 mins +20 mins macerating | Chilling: 25 mins + 1 hr cooling + 4 hrs chilling | Serves:
250g low-fat fresh ricotta
½ cup EQUAL SPOONFUL
½ Tsp. grated lemon zest
1 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 Tsp. vanilla essence
2 eggwhites (from 50g eggs)
45g (1/4 cup) fresh or defrosted frozen blueberries
40g (1/3 cup) fresh or defrosted frozen raspberries
4 large strawberries, hulled, thinly sliced
1 Tbsp. Grand Marnier
1 Tbsp. EQUAL SPOONFUL
1 Tbsp. unsweetened apple juice
1. Preheat oven to 160°C (fan-forced). Spray 4 x 125ml (1/2 cup) ovenproof ramekins with cooking spray. Line the bases with a round of baking paper.
2. Put the ricotta and EQUAL in a medium bowl. Whisk until smooth. Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla essence, egg and eggwhites. Whisk until well combined.
3. Spoon ricotta mixture evenly into ramekins. Place in a small ovenproof dish and pour boiling water into the dish to come halfway up sides of the ramekins. Carefully transfer to the oven. Bake for 20 -25 minutes or until the ricotta is just set. Remove dishes from the water and set aside on a wire rack to cool for 1 hour. Transfer to the fridge for 4 hours until well chilled.
4. To make the macerated berries: Put the blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, Grand Marnier, EQUAL and apple juice in a small bowl. Toss to combine. Set aside for 20 minutes to macerate.
5. Use a small knife to loosen the edges of the cheesecakes. Turn out onto serving plates. Top with the berries and any juices to serve.
*NOTE - Cooking time includes 1 hour cooling, 4 hours chilling, 20 mins macerating.