Ricotta Pancakes with Vanilla Berries
Prep: 20 mins | Cooking: 15 mins | Serves: 8
250g strawberries, hulled, quartered
1 Tbsp. EQUAL SPOONFUL
2 Tsp. vanilla bean extract or paste
1 cup plain flour
½ Tsp. baking powder
Extra 2 Tbsp. EQUAL SPOONFUL
¾ cup milk
2 eggs, separated
200g fresh ricotta
20g butter, chopped, to pan-fry
1. Put strawberries, EQUAL SPOONFUL and vanilla extract in a medium bowl. Toss well and set aside.
2. Put flour, baking powder and extra EQUAL in a medium bowl and stir to combine. In a large bowl whisk milk, yolks and ricotta until combined. Add milk mixture to flour mixture and stir gently until just combined.
3. Put egg whites in the large bowl of an electric mixer and beat on high, using whisk attachment, until firm peaks form. Fold into batter in 2 batches until just combined.
4. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Grease the pan with some butter and add heaped ¼ cups of mixture to pan. Gently spread to make a round shape about 10cm diameter. Cook for about 4 minutes or until bubbles form on the surface and the base is golden brown. Flip and cook for a further 3 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a large plate and cover loosely with foil to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter, adding a little more butter as necessary to make 8 pancakes.
5. Serve pancakes with vanilla berries.