Salted Chocolate and Peanut Slice
Prep: 30 mins | Chilling: 4 hrs | Serves: 10
1 cup EQUAL SPOONFUL
1 cup of extra virgin coconut oil
1 cup of raw cacao
1 Tbsp. rice malt syrup
1 1/2 cups raw cashews, soaked in water overnight
1 Tsp. organic vanilla essence
1 Tsp. EQUAL SPOONFUL
3/4 cup organic crunchy peanut butter (100% Peanuts, no added sugar)
1 generous pinch of sea salt (to top with - optional)
1. In a small saucepan, gently melt the cup of EQUAL, coconut oil, raw cacao and rice malt syrup over a low heat, stirring until smooth. Take off the heat and pour half of the mixture into a small baking dish or container lined with baking paper (1L oblong container). Place in the freezer and allow to set for at least 10 minutes. Set the remaining half mixture aside.
2. Then, blitz the cashews, vanilla & EQUAL in a food processor until a smooth paste forms. Remove chocolate layer out of the freezer and spread nut mixture over the chocolate base. Place back into the freezer.
3. Wipe the food processer clean and then blitz the peanut butter until soft and easy to spread. Remove chocolate and nut layers out of the freezer and spread peanut butter over the nut layer and place back in the freezer, for around 10 minutes.
4. Lastly, pour the remaining chocolate mixture over the top of the layers and place in the fridge to set for at least 4 hours.
5. Slice into rectangles, dust with extra cacao and sea salt. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.