Prep: 15 mins + 30 mins chilling time | Cooking: 20 mins | Serves: 12
60g butter or reduced-fat sunflower spread
3/4 cup EQUAL SPOONFUL
1 Tsp. vanilla essence
2 x 50g eggs, lightly whisked
150g (1 cup) self-raising flour
55g (1/3 cup) wholemeal self-raising flour
160mL (2/3 cup) low-fat milk
140g tub unsweetened apple puree
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
125g extra light cream cheese
1/3 cup EQUAL SPOONFUL
1/2 Tsp. vanilla bean paste
1. Preheat oven to 170°C (conventional). Line 12 x 80ml (1/3 cup) muffin pans with paper cases. Spray cases with cooking spray.
2. Using electric beaters beat the spread, EQUAL and vanilla essence in a medium bowl until well combined and spread is creamy. Add 1 egg and beat until well combined. Beat in the remaining egg.
3. Put the flours into a bowl and stir to combine. Put the milk and apple puree in a bowl. Whisk to combine. Add half the flour mixture and half the milk mixture to the EQUAL mixture and mix until just combined. Repeat with the remaining flour and milk mixture.
4. Spoon the batter evenly between the muffin holes. Bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
5. Cream cheese frosting: Put the cream cheese, EQUAL and vanilla extract in a medium bowl. Using electric beaters, beat until mixture is pale and creamy. Put in the fridge for 30 minutes to thicken slightly.
6. Spread the frosting over the cupcakes.
Tip – Keep the cupcakes in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.