Vanilla Slice with Passionfruit Glaze
Prep: 10 mins | Cooking time: 5 minutes | Chilling time: 5 hours | Serves: 18
Cooking oil spray, to grease
200g packet lattice biscuits
½ cup custard powder
4 cups skim milk
1 cup EQUAL SPOONFUL
2 Tbsp. vanilla extract
2 Tbsp. fresh passion fruit pulp
1 Tbsp. corn flour
Extra 1 Tbsp. EQUAL SPOONFUL
1. Grease a 20cm square tin with cooking oil. Line base and sides with baking paper.
2. Line base of tin with 9 lattice biscuits in a single layer, leaving a 1cm border around the outside.
3. Put custard powder in a medium saucepan and whisk in milk in two batches until well combined and smooth. Cook over a medium heat, stirring constantly for 5 minutes until mixture is very thick. Remove from heat and stir in EQUALand vanilla extract.
4. Pour over biscuits. Spread to smooth surface. Top with 9 lattice biscuits in a single layer, leaving a 1cm border around the outside. Refrigerate for 5 hours or overnight or until filling has set.
5. To make passion fruit icing, put passion fruit pulp, corn flour and extra EQUAL in a medium bowl and stir until combined. Cut slice into 9 squares following biscuits as a guide then cut each square in half to form triangles. Drizzle with passion fruit icing and serve.