Wholemeal Blueberry Pancakes
Prep: 5 mins | Cooking: 15 mins | Serves: 4
1 ½ cup low fat milk
1 large egg
1 ½ Tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup wholemeal flour
½ cup plain flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
2 Tbsp. EQUAL SPOONFUL or 5 EQUAL SACHETS
1 Tsp. salt
1 cup fresh blueberries
Olive or coconut oil for frying
¼ cup maple syrup (optional: remove for diabetes friendly)
½ cup additional blueberries to serve
1. In a bowl or jug, whisk the milk, egg and vanilla until combined. In a separate bowl, sift the flour with the baking powder and stir in the EQUAL sweetener and salt.
2. Make a well and add the milk mixture to the flour mixture, along with the blueberries and stir to combine.
3. Spray a small to medium sized fry pan with oil and heat over a medium temperature. Spoon a ladle of the mixture into the pan. Rotate the pan to form a medium sized circle. Cook for approx. 1-2 minutes on each side, or until golden.
4. Repeat this process until 12 hot cakes have been made.
5. Serve with maple syrup, and additional blueberries.